1

Sunday

2014 Summer Photo Challenge!!!!!!!!!

I am so. Sooooo. So EXCITED!
Okay, so I mentioned that I might be doing a Photo Contest, and I am!  Although it's a little different than a contest. ;)
Here's how it works! :D
1. Comment on this page and let me know you want to participate.  Let me know before June 10th.
2.  On June 12th, I will do a post announcing that I am accepting Category 1 entries.  Category 1 is Summer Food.  After I do this post, you can post a picture of a yummy summer snack (popsicles, watermelon, whatever you eat in the summer that you don't have a lot year-round) on your blog.  Leave a link to your post in the comments of the post announcing category 1.  You can post your first entry from the time the post goes up to the time of June 15th.  SO basically you have 3 days to get your photo on your blog.
3.  I will judge the photos that are entered in category 1.  Then, I will announce one winner of this category.  The winner will get a little award button for their blog and I will post a link to their blog here on MY blog.
4.  After I announce the winner of the 1st category, I will do a post announcing category 2.  Then it's the same thing over again and again until we reach category 7.  You will do the same thing on category 7 (post your photo, leave a link, I announce the winner), and then, the day after I announce the winner for category 7, I will announce the 1st place over-all photo, which means the best photo out of all the categories.  I will also be announcing 2nd place over-all, 3rd place over-all, and 3 honorable mention over-alls.
So that's that!  Please *enter, it's free, and all entrants will have the link to their blog posted at the end of the Photo Challenge.
* Please enter only your own photos, unless someone asks you to enter a photo for them, if this is the case, please let me know :)
This challenge is open to everyone, all ages.   Please note that if you enter you are entering to submit a photo for every category, Thanks! :)
I am so excited!  It will be so fun! :) :) :)
Here is the Category Guide:

^This pretty much sums it up but to save anyone confusion I will explain further about the categories here^:
Category 1:  All photos entered in category one must be food.  It can be a popsicle, an ice cream cone, watermelon, a burger, or any special food you eat in the summer.  If you like to drink hot chocolate in the summer, go right ahead and enter a photo of hot chocolate ;)  
Category 2:  All photos entered in category 2 must be clothing.  Preferably summer clothing.  Sunglasses, sun hats, flip flips, sundresses, swimsuits, whatever.  It can be just the clothing or someone wearing the clothing :)
Category 3: All Photos entered in Category 3 must be nature.  A tree, a cloud, the sun, a beautiful flower or a cool sea shell, anything from nature :)
Category 4: All photos entered in Category 4 must be of an animal.  It can be a summer-ish animal like a fish or a butterfly, but it really can be any animal, your pet dog or rabbit, a cat, a deer, a bird, whatever floats your boat ;)  All photos should be somewhat summery though, for instance, a picture of your cat in a Christmas tree does not really count ;)  
Category 5: All photos entered in Category 5 must be of someone doing a summer activity.  Which is really whatever you like most to do in summer, riding your bike, swimming, dancing, or reading.  Or even sleeping, if that's your favorite summer activity :)
Category 6: All photos entered in Category 6 must be of something you use in the Summer!  It can be a beach ball or a pool float, a beach towel, or even something you use all year round but especially in the summer, for instance, you could do a picture of balloons, even though they are used all year round :)

Category 7: ANYTHING!  This category is for whatever you want to take a picture of, anything, as long as it is relatively summer-ish. 

*  Please note:  This is a Summer Photo Challenge, but all your photos do not have to be dripping with summer time fun, as long as they are not noticeably winterish, they are welcomed :) 
* Also, I will be posting all photos entered on this page.  I will not be claiming to own them, and I will be saying that it is your picture and leaving a link to your blog, but please do remember that when submitting ;)

Spread the word!  I would love it if you did a post about it on your blog, feel free to include any of the Summer Photo Challenge pics (the Category guide and the round one below), and grab the button for your sidebar!  Thanks! :) <3 
This will be so fun!  Many of you are excellent photographers, I can't wait to see what you guys submit!


SO yes, I have a Photo Challenge page, you can see it with my other pages on the sidebar.
Please please enter!  I am so excited!  Oh, and feel free to start taking pictures now, they can't be submitted till the categories are announced but you can certainly take the photos, and it can be a photo you've already taken :)
Comment on the Photo Challenge Page to enter!
Thanks for viewing!  :D :D :D 
xo,
-Anna <3 <3 <3 

25 comments:

  1. I'm definitely doing this!!! I wish I could do the one of you and the watermelon, but you already saw that one... :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do a photo you've already posted, it's fine ;)
      Yay! :)
      xo,
      -Anna <3

      Delete
  2. HI! I am SOOOOO DOING IT!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!!! I am sooo exited!!!! Totally doing it!!! :)

    -elly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks Elly! :) :) :)
      xo,
      -Anna <3

      Delete
  4. I'd love to be a part of this photo competition. Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am totally going to do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks so much! :) :) :)
      xo,
      -Anna <3

      Delete
  6. I'm not a great photographer, but this sounds like a lot of fun. I'd love to be part of this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I'mm sure you're great ;) Thanks so much for joining! :)
      xo,
      -Anna <3

      Delete
  7. Count me in! Oh and thanks for tagging me for the Liebster ^.^
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you're welcomed! And thanks for joining! :D
      xo,
      -Anna <3

      Delete
  8. I'll join this, for sure!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll do this! Sounds fun Anna!:)
    Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog as well:D
    -Lauren xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks so much Lauren! And you're welcomed :)
      xo,
      -Anna <3

      Delete
  10. Looks like fun! I'd love to be involved, count me in! Although, just fyi, my summer is pretty busy, so I may not et every entry in :)

    xoxo
    Molly

    p.s. I apologize if I've commented 1 or more times already, my phone is being weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, great! it's fine if your summer gets to busy, don't' worry about it ;)
      Thanks! :D
      xo,
      -Anna <3

      Delete
  11. I'd love to do this. Am I to late? Hopefully not. But yea, if I'm not, i'd love to enter.
    thishipsterwrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope! Not to late at all, perfect timing in fact ;) Thanks so much! :)
      xo,
      -Anna <3

      Delete
  12. Am I too late to sign up? Leave a comment on my blog letting me know since I probably won't check back here to see if you responded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can join! I will comment on your blog, too ;)
      Thanks!
      xo,
      -Anna <3

      Delete
  13. Can I still join? I love the idea!! xx Sorry for being so late o.o I think I probably will only actually do this during the summer holidays (which for me start in two weeks) so... I'm sorry! ^9^

    http://thebitchslife.blogspot.com Would you mind letting me know on my blog as well?

    ReplyDelete