1

Tuesday

You know what to do. (Entry for Hannah's writing contest).

Hey Guys!
Here is my entry for Hannah's Writing Prompt Contest!
You should go check it out and enter, it's really cool!
"You know what to do."
Yes.  I do.  But how?  That's the question.
There's less information in this journal than there is sun at midnight.
My hands tremble as I pick up the key.  I know what it's for.  I know exactly what to do with it.
But it brings back memories.  Memories of darkness, total darkness.  Darkness and strange voices.  Voices urgently whispering.  I remember the cold, the wind, the snow.  All the memories come back as I hold the key, and it seems to grow cold in my hand.  I quickly set it down.  I flip through the journal again, but except for the one message-"You know what to do."- it's completely blank.
I sigh, looking out the window at the wintry night.  It's just like that night, almost ten years ago.  The cold.  The wind.  The snow.
I button up my coat.  Shakily, I pick up the key and the journal, and slip them into my pocket.
I know what to do.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What did you guys think?
Thanks for viewing! :)
Make sure to click HERE to check out the writing contest!
xo,
-Anna <3

4 comments: