1

Monday

Blogtober-10.5.15

Hello Lovelies,
Here is day 5 of Blogtober...
10.5.15
Five Tips You Would Give to New Bloggers
Here we go...
1. Make a Plan.
One thing I wish I had done when I first started my blog was to make a better plan, and maybe even have a few draft posts ready to be published.  I literally had no idea what I wanted my blog to be about when I started, so it was all over the place.
2. Design.
Okay, honestly when I started blogging, my blog's first design was terrible.  I didn't customize anything, didn't try to see how I could change it.  I just did a really colorful outer background and then a completely different color for the main background and then threw in fifty other colors.  The first thing people see when they come to your blog is the design, and although you shouldn't "judge a book by its cover", if people feel happy when they look at your design, they're much more likely to stay around.  If you are interested in getting someone else to design your blog, Celia has Amaaaazing custom blog designs!  Check out her site! {click here.}
3. Make friends.
Connect with other bloggers!  Comment on their posts and let them know you like their blog, invite them to check out yours, and continue to view their posts.   It's really fun, and everyone likes to know that people enjoy their blog.  I have a lot of wonderful online friends who's blogs I follow.  This is also a way to get more publicity for your blog, if that's something you want to do.  When I find a new blog that I really like, I usually leave a comment something like this:

"Great post!  I love your blog, especially your writing.
xo,
Anna <3
www.bananaandbear.blogspot.com"

4. Don't be shy.
If there's something you want to post, post it!  This is your blog, you can post what you want!  Share your photos and writing and art, and don't worry about it being "good enough".  Also share your opinions.  Try not to come across too negatively, but don't be afraid to say what you think.
5. Random posts rock.
Look, we all hit a wall sometimes and have no idea what to post.  I've figured out that random posts are the best way to get back into blogging (and not let your blog sit lonely and abandoned for ages) is to compile a random post.  At first I was kinda like, "Well, it's not very structured or professional, but at least it's a post."  But the truth?  Random posts are awesome!  Share a few things you've seen and loved on Pinterest lately.  Rant about something.  Tell everyone what you did today.  Find a random list of questions on the internet and answer them on your blog.  Tell people what you ate for breakfast.  Describe your surroundings.  Include all of the above in the same post if you want!  Random posts are some of my favorite posts to read, they're pretty awesome.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope that was helpful...

Thanks for reading <3

4 comments:

  1. That was very helpful! This was the first time (not that I've read much of your blog) that I realized you're a pretty serious blogger. I've been thinking a lot about pursuing professional blogging. I like your style!
    ~Maggie
    http://maggiesbutterflykisses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie! I'm glad it was helpful! :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks Maggie! I'm glad it was helpful! :)

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete