1

Monday

5 Goals for 2016



Hey Guys,
So today I thought I would post some of my goals for 2015.  I have various smaller goals but I thought I would share the five main goals that I hope to accomplish.

1. Blog more often.
I did not post very often this year...which is bad.  In my defense it was a crazy busy school year and I had a lot of other stuff going on, but I also had a good deal of time when I was reading or watching youtube videos that could have been used for writing a blog post...heh.  Anyways, I'm going to try and shoot for one post a week...so we'll see how that goes.
2. Read at least one hundred and fifty books.
This may be overly optimistic of me, but I really do think that I can read one hundred and fifty books within a year.  My mom wanted me to keep a list of all the books I read in 2015, and I did, but I wasn't very diligent in keeping up with it, so on the rare occasion that I did add books to the list I had a hard time remembering what I had read.  All that aside, I remember reading about 90 books, plus however many I forgot and didn't write down.  Adding the fact that I didn't read very much during the first few months of 2015, I think that I can probably pull off of 150.  We shall see...
3. Write.
I could have been a bit more specific with this I suppose.  Anyways, there are three smaller goals combined in this one goal:
  • Finish my novel.  I've finished the complete first draft, but haven't read through/edited all of it.  I don't really enjoy working on it at this point-I guess I'm just kind of tired of it.  I do enjoy reading it though, for the most part anyway.  There are a few parts that I read over and then I want to bang my head on my desk because it sounds to wrong when I'm reading it for the second time.  But there are a reasonable amount of parts that I like as well, so that's good I guess.  Anyways, even though I don't like editing very much, the fact that it's not completely finished keeps nagging me in the practical corner of my brain, so I really do want to finish it soon.  Once I have it a completely written/edited novel, I'll probably look into self-publishing it as an ebook.  Probably.
  • Write on a more regular basis.  In 2014 I did a pretty good job of writing short stories or using writing prompts about once a week, but in 2015...eh, not so much.  I didn't do much writing other than NaNoWriMo and what I was required to do for school.  But I would like to write on a more regular basis, even if it's only short stories.
  • Complete NaNoWriMo again (?).  I completed NaNoWriMo 2015, and I even kept up with my target word count pretty well-basically I did better than I expected.  I enjoyed it, and it was fun in a lot of ways.  It also forced me to actually complete a novel.  But it was also a bit stressful, and it consumed a good deal of time.  So I don't know if I really want to participate again.  Part of me wants to, because now that I've done it once I'm like, "Heck yeah I can do that again."  But also part of me is like, "Okay no.  Never doing that again."  So we'll see.  This isn't an official goal really, but I thought I'd put it here anyways.
4. Get my driver's license.  

Since I'm going to be turning 16...yeah.
5. Take more photos. 
 I didn't take a lot of photos in 2015...gosh there were a lot of things I didn't do in 2015.  Oh well.  It was a weird year for me.  Anyways, I'd like to start taking some more photos and get back into posting them here this year.

So yes, there you have it.  Hopefully I can stick to them...hehe.  I actually completed a decent amount of the goals I set for 2015, soooo hopefully I can complete my goals for this year as well.

Thanks for reading!
~Anna 


3 comments:

  1. Good luck, love! I've been getting back into writing too, lately.

    - Ellie
    http://ontheothersideofrealitynew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Best of luck to you in the new year as well!

      Delete
  2. Great goals for 2016! Wow I'd love to read that much, but it won't be possible with exams... Hopefully in the future though. Happy New Year :)

    Pretty Things and Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete