1

Saturday

Top 25 Favorite Books of 2015

Hey Guys,
Happy 2016! (It's still really really weird to say that it's 2016.) I hope you all had a great 2015 and that your 2016 is even better :)
As a "good-bye 2015/hello 2016" post, I thought I would make a list of my top favorite 25 books that I read in 2015. It was really hard to "pick favorites" because I loved most of the books that I read, even the ones that were required for school. Also I had a little over 100 books to choose from...heh. I stayed away from re-reads for this list, so that helped to narrow it down some.
Anyways, here's the list! You can click the names of the books to go to their Goodreads page and see more about them.
(***Note: Some of these are trilogies, and are not listed in the correct order. Just to save confusion, I'll add a little note telling you all what number the books are in their trilogy.)
Anyways, without further ado, here we go...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Listed from least favorite to favorite.)

Picture Me Gone
25. Picture Me Gone by Meg Rosoff

Out of My Mind
24. Out of My Mind by Sharon Draper 


23. The List by Siobhan Vivian 


22. The Heir by Kiera Cass 
(Book #4 of the Selection Series)

Brian's Winter (Brian's Saga, #3)
21. Brian’s Winter by Gary Paulsen
(Book #3 of the Brian Saga)

The Hobbit (Middle-Earth Universe)
20. The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien 

In Six Days

The Rules for Disappearing (The Rules for Disappearing, #1)
18. The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Elston

The Great Gatsby
17. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

The Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles, #1)
16. The Kane Chronicles:The Red Pyramid by Rick Rhiordan 
(Book #1 of The Kane Chronicles) 

The Gifting (Gifting #1)
15. The Gifting by K.E. Ganshert
(Book #1 of The Gifting Series)
** So. So. So good. Amazing, in fact. I can't wait to read the next two.

The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #1)
14. The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R Tolkien
** This note is here just to admit that it took me roughly a year to read this book. I don't know why but I was not able to focus on it, so I would read like one page at a time and then go read something else. Heh. But I finally finished it, and I loved it.

The Selection (The Selection, #1)
13. The Selection by Kiera Cass
(Book #1 of the Selection Series)
** This series is really good. It's a little slow moving, and there's not much action, and most of it is romance. Romance is fine as along as there isn't too much and as long as it's not gross, and it wasn't in this series. I usually prefer more action and I got a bit bored at times while reading this but I really did enjoy these books.

The Elite (The Selection, #2)
12. The Elite by Kiera Cass
(Book #2 of the Selection Series)

The One (The Selection, #3)
11. The One by Kiera Cass
(Book #3 of the Selection Series)

Kisses from Katie: A Story of Relentless Love and Redemption
10. Kisses from Katie by Katie Davis


9. The Demigod Diaries by Rick Rhiordan

Percy Jackson's Greek Gods (A Percy Jackson and the Olympians Guide)
8. Percy Jackson’s Greek Gods by Rick Rhiordan  
** This book is freakin' hilarious. And it's Percy Jackson, so of course it's good. It's really hard to put down and I have actually laughed out loud while reading it.

 

7. Prodigy by Marie Lu
(Book #2 of the Legend Trilogy)

Champion (Legend, #3)
6. Champion by Marie Lu
(Book #3 of the Legend Trilogy)
**GAH. This whole series is amazing. It's action-packed and enthralling and GAH. Some people don't like the last book...but no. The last book is just as amazing as the first two, if not more so.

Legend (Legend, #1)
5. Legend by Marie Lu
(Book #1 of the Legend Trilogy)

The Book of Blood and Shadow
4. The Book of Blood and Shadow by Robin Wasserman
**Gaaaah, this book was so, so, so good. So much research obviously went into it, and it was so well written and put together-it's basically writing goals. It's enthralling and intense and I loved it.

The Ask and the Answer (Chaos Walking, #2)
3. The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness
(Book #2 of the Chaos Walking trilogy)

The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1)
(Book #1 of the Chaos Walking trilogy)

...and my ultimate favorite book that I read this year...


Monsters of Men (Chaos Walking, #3)
1. Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness
(Book #3 of the Chaos Walking trilogy)
** I've ranted about Chaos Walking before but I'm going to do it again because I love it and it's amazing. The characters feel very real when you're reading it and the writing is beautiful and the plot is amazing and it's very hard to put down. Gah. Also it will tear your heart out and throw it into flames but meh, small and unimportant detail. It's amazing. (I've said that before I believe...)
One thing is that you have to bear through the very beginning because when you first pick it up and read the first page you're kind of like, "Okay. This is a bit odd and I don't know if I want to read it." But then it gets so much better and yasssss.

So yes, there you have them. My favorite 25 books that I read in 2015. All of the books on this list are favorites, because they were chosen out of over 100 books. I would recommend most of them for around ages 14 and up, mainly because of some language, violence, and romance, but I'm not going to go into details because I really don't have time to write 25 book reviews. But like I said before, the titles are linked to Goodreads, so you can click that and judge for yourself ;)

Thanks for reading, and Happy New Year!
~Anna



3 comments:

  1. Awesome list. The Red Pyramid is one of my favorites of 2015 too. I reread it in October and it was just as great as it was the first time I read it. I wish I had more time to read, Rick Riordan has so many new books out that I haven't read yet....

    x Envy
    Lost in Translation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I read The Selection (1-4) last year and I enjoyed the series. I plan on reading the Chaos Walking trilogy this year-- all I hear from that series is positive things! Happy 2016, Anna.

    anna | annaish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I'm putting many of these on my "to read" list!

    A Southern Girls Life

    ReplyDelete